Monday, October 27, 2008

And I thought I was conceited

I've realized that if I am to maintain my "friendship" with a select group of individuals, I really should stop reading their blogs.

Why, you ask?

While I believe in freedom of speech and thought, I don't believe in making such condescending remarks about others, or placing yourself on a high horse above others just because they don't share a similar "passion". It's fine and all to be passionate. Passion's a good thing. But there's a fine line between excessive passion and fanaticism. If anything, it impairs your judgment. Some people know that, and that's fine. The problem is, however, when certain people don't realize that their over-zealous mindset can be sort of twisted. And then they expect the entire world to conform to that. I'm sorry to say this, but it's insulting.

Such pompous words. You've really lead such a fortunate and extravagant life, haven't you, to be able to sprout such words?

I guess if you're happy like that it's fine. If you're surrounding by others who share a similar mindset, then that's good.

For years I've tried to keep an open mind about it, because I respected the fact that you had something you truly believed in. I was afraid that it'd eventually lead to something like this. It's depressing. But to be completely honest, you wouldn't care about that, would you? I respect individuals who have something they're truly passionate about, something they find meaning in, but a line has to be drawn somewhere.


Fanaticism is not passion. Beyond that line, it's just conceit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home