Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Good news...why must they always be accompanied by bad ones??

Blessings are inevitably linked to curses, coming in a package that's impossible to seperate. It's true, y'know...Like the 2 incidences today.

Incidence 1: the comic book tragedy...
I just added 'Ragnarok' to my collection of comics, and by pure chance, I stumble across an almost-complete set...Cause for celebration? I think not. Now both parents are miffed at me. At first it was only mom, but when I was apparently more interested in reading my newly-acquired comics rather than to engage in a conversation with my dad, he was suddenly pissed at me, too.

Incidence 2: the foot-in-the-mouth tragedy...
I was really relieved that I had received a reply from the accommodation services saying that they've confirmed a place for me...until I realized that the person which I've been contacting for the past few days was a girl. I mean, how was I to know that Mavis was a girl?? That was a seriously horrible faux pas...to top it all, in every email to her I'd previously started it off with a rather noticable "Dear Mr..." Needless to say, lesson learned. Oh, yeah...there was this other instance whereby luck-both good and bad came, delivered right to my doorstep, I kid you not...via mail and email. 1 was a letter of offer for accommodation, the other was a letter about my results check. The offer letter came as relief in the form of email, relief because the anxious, long wait was finally over. The other letter, however...you guessed it: no errors detected. Well, you could say that it was a nice euphemism of stating something else...Here's my translation of the lines:

No error has been detected. The marks recorded have been allocated correctly. Thank you for applying-"Your results still suck; you'll have to accept the facts. Nice try, anyway."

Well, enough of the ranting and whining...




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home